Monday, May 04, 2009

Step 3: The dream is dead...

Well I played my step 3 but unfortunately bubbled. Nothing really interesting so I won't bother posting it. Lost a bunch of pots early, then won AJ>KQ to get back above starting stack. We got down to 6 pretty quick (top 2 get step 4, 3-5 get step 3) but two shorties doubled. The about 8bb deep, a guy who just lost a pot shoved CO and I had AKo in the sb and stuck it in. Even though I only have 8bb I wouldn't call/shove particularly wide here, especially as people at the table weren't shying away from gambling. Anyways, he had 88 and I lost the flip and was out. I may try this again another time, hopefully if I do it'll last a little longer :)

Played Sundays today and just had the worst luck. I always remember people posting ridiculous bad beats constantly and thinking how that stuff doesn't happen to me that much. Sure you lose when you have the guy dominated a bunch, but not like the 90% stuff. Well, the last two weeks have more than made up for that, lost QQ to QTo, AA to Ax twice, overpair < smaller overpair all in postflop, and countless times getting it in good and losing (not to mention not sucking out with my usual frequency :) ) Anyways, I don't like to complain much about running bad but the last two sundays have been pretty absurd so thought I'd vent a bit. Hopefully complaining is all it takes to turn it around.

Booked my trip to Calgary, Nat and I will be there from May 12-18 and I'm planning to play most to all of the events while I'm there. Hopefully I can run as good as I did last year!

Steve

1 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GL Steve.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home