Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Steps

The World Series of Poker is coming up at the end of May so Stars has started their millions of satellites to the main event. I've been kind of looking for something to play other than MTT's and Omaha, so I think I'm going to take a shot at starting at Step 1 and winning a WSOP seat. (If you don't know what a step is, there's a quick description at the end of this post.) My plan is to play a bunch of Step 1's one day, take the step 2 tickets I win and play those another day, etc. Each of the steps has a different payout structure so they all require a slightly different approach. So along with updates of how I'm doing, I'll post some of the adjustments I think you need to make at each level. Not sure what my plans are the next few days but I plan to start sometime this week. Hopefully I can run good and win a World Series seat for $7 :)

Steve


For those who don't know, steps are single table tournaments with buyins ranging from $7.50 to $2100 (there are 6 steps). So in each step the top one or two finishers get a ticket to the next step and there are often some smaller prizes too. If you're really interested, here's a link, it's more complicated then I care to explain at the moment: http://www.pokerstars.com/wsop/qualify/steps/ (seems like this is for '08 but they're very similar this year)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home