Monday, February 23, 2009

LAPC Days 1 & 2

We had a long day yesterday so I'll just combine both days into one post. I really haven't played very many interesting hands so far, lots of small pots and only a few interesting spots. The structure is insanely good, 90 minute levels, start with 20k at 25/50 and every level I've ever seen in any tournament.

Day 1 - Hand 1 - Stacks 20,000, blinds 50/100
Tight guy opens utg to 300, I call QQ utg+1 and 3 others call, including a very good player on the button. Flop comes T94r, checked to me, I bet 1200, button calls, pfr calls. I really don't like my hand much anymore, I think I very often have button beat but I think the pfr shows up with KK/AA pretty often. Turn is a 2, checked around. River's a jack, checked to button who bets 3200. Raiser folds and flashes AA, I fold. Not really sure what to think about this hand, every decision seemed kind of awkward.

Hand 2 - Stacks 25,000, blinds 75/150
I had flopped a set against a pretty short stack's flush draw to get up to 25k, Carlos Mortensen had played a lot of pots and made a bunch of hero calls to get his chips. He limps utg, I limp 3 after with 88, button and sb limp, bb checks. Flop T84cc. Carlos bets 1k at 750, I make it 3525 and he calls. Turn is a T, he check/calls 5500. River's an offsuit 2, he checks and I shove for just over 15k. He thinks a bit and calls with AA and I win a huge pot. I feel like his play in this hand has to be terrible, although I guess sometimes I'll show up with like J9cc or something similar.

The rest of the day I just got lots of decent hands and seemed to always get folds/have the best hand. I finished the ay with 90k in chips, good for 8th place. My table draw for day 2 kind've sucked with a couple good online players, but some of the randoms ended up being pretty bad so it ended up ok.

Day 2 - The first 3 levels were amazingly uneventful. I 3bet a few times with mixed success and my stack went between 80-90k all day. Level 4 was pretty annoying, I got 3 bet a bunch, 4bet the only time I 3 bet and lost a 30k pot to a short stack with KQcc against QJdd all in preflop when the board ran out Kx5x4d5d2d. I finished the level with 70k. Level 5 I only played a couple hands. I 3bet once and got a fold, two barreled with 88 on a AT45 board and had a cbet or two work to get back over 90k, and finished up at 86,100.

We're somehow down to 170 people (from 691) despite the incredible structure, so I've got a tiny bit above an average stack going into day 3. Top 63 make the money (23k I think?) and first is just under 1.7M so hopefully I can run good the next few days!

Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home