Saturday, September 15, 2007

WCOOP Events #1 and #2

So yesterday was the first day of WCOOP and it got started with 6max NLHE and Pot limit 5 card draw. My draw experience is basically 0 but basically everyone was like that so it was alright. The 6 max was over pretty quickly, with one semi-interesting hand. I had won some little pots to get up to 3900 (from 3000) when this hand happened:

Hand 1: Blinds 10/20, my stack 3900, utg 1500, CO ~4000
UTG in the hand seemed quite bad, limping a lot and playing pretty passively. I'd won some pots off of him just betting a lot and he'd lost some more calling down in a pretty bad spot. Anyways, he limps utg, I make it 100 in the hijack with JJ. The cutoff thinks a while and calls, and the way he'd been playing I felt he was likely considering reraising. Of course that's not a very reliable read since he could have been in the bathroom, but still...:) Anyways, utg calls and we see a flop of 876r. Not exactly what I was hoping for. UTG now bets 260 into the 330 pot. In retrospect against a passive player I don't hate just folding here, especially since this flop can easily hit CO as well. I called, as did the cutoff. I'm now not really worried about CO at all, I'm pretty sure he always has a one pair hand or a draw (or both with like TT or 99). The turn is a 7, and now UTG bets 320 at ~1100. This bet screamed monster and again I considered folding but ended up calling, as did CO. River was a 6 and UTG bets 360, I pay off his 76, as does CO with TT. Bleh.

Hand 2: 10/20, my stack ~2200, sb covers
I've been getting played back at a bit and things aren't going very well. I open T9s to 80 from the CO (hijack maybe?) and the guy from the last hand calls in the sb. The flop is J93 with a flush draw, and he checks. I bet 120 and he makes it 320. On this drawy a board I elected to see a turn, which was an offsuit T. He bet ~550, I shoved and his JT was good. Good start to WCOOP. :(

In the 5 card draw, I got chips early by making quads against trip aces, but really never got much going after that. I got as high as about 10k, but always seemed to bleed off chips whenever I got anywhere. I ended up busting by being dealt AAAxx and running into a pat flush. :(

I then stayed up and watched the rest of both as I was doing commentary for the 6 max final table. The structures this year are amazing so the tournaments seemed to go on forever. I started commentating around 4:30am, and didn't finish until around 8. It was a lot of fun to do, but I was obviously pretty dead afterwards. I just woke up now, and will be playing PLO-6max at 3:00 and 2-7 triple draw at 4:30 today. Hopefully more exciting trip reports to follow.

Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home