Event #10: $1000 + rebuys
Well my reports for the other tourney kind of sucked so I'll try to post some more hands in this one. My first table was ridiculously bad, I was the only person who rebought...even David Benyamine didn't...anyways, absolutely nothing happened at this table, and I eventually get moved to a new one. I flopped a set almost immediately and won a decent pot to get to about 6k when this hand happens:
hand 1: 50/100 blinds, ~6500 chips
I raise 65o in the cutoff to 250 and everyone calls. Flop comes 765r and I bet 650 when they check it to me. Button quickly makes it 3000. Folds back to me and I jam, he shows 88 and I somehow hold. This gets me to around 13k and I stick around there until the end of the rebuy period. At this point you're allowed to add on once or twice ($1000 for 2000 chips or $2000 for 4000). There's only one guy at the table I don't cover, so I only addon once to cover him.
There really isn't much interesting until later so I'll skip ahead a bit. I get down to around 9k at 150/300/25, before doubling up with QQ against AT. I get to a new
table featuring Jamie Gold (most recent Main Event winner) and Mark Newhouse (WPT winner and very aggressive player).
Hand 2: 150/300 blinds, ~20k
5 limpers including Gold to me in the bb and I check T5o. Flop comes QT5 two clubs. I should probably have bet here but just kind of auto checked. It gets checked around which sucks. The turn is an ace which also isn't great. Checked to Gold who bets 2200 and I'm the only caller. River's an offsuit 3 and I check. He bets 4k and I think briefly and say something like "Is this when you tell me if you're bluffing?", he says "I'm not bluffing, but you might have me beat...I'll show" So I obviously call and he mucks. He later says something like "I had an Ace but I don't beat anything that calls me"....good bet jamie...
Hand 3: 200/400/50, ~30k chips
I open Ad8d to 1200, Newhouse defeds his big blind which he does pretty frequently. Flop Qs8s3, he checks and I check. Turn's a K. He bets 1600 and I think and call. River's a complete blank and he bets 4000. I'm pretty sure he either has a missed draw or a pretty huge hand and there's a lot of missed draws so I call. He mucks and I win another nice pot. I win some more hands with raises and reraises and get up to 55k or so.
Hand 4: 400/800/100
I open black QQ to 2400 and get one caller. Flop comes J74 all clubs and I bet 3600. Guy quickly makes it 10k and I shove. He quickly calls another 20k (these numbers all feel wrong but I think they're about right) with 77. Turn's the 3c! River's a 4 though and I lose a pretty enormous pot. Soon after I bust a short stack with JJ>AQ and win a couple other little pots and am back to 40k pretty quickly.
Hand 5: 600/1200/200
I open 99 in the hijack to 3600 and a pretty aggressive asian guy makes it 9k on the button. I don't really want to fold or 4bet so I decide to call and get it in on not awful flops. Flop 875, I check, he bets 13k with only 11k behind. I shove and he folds. I win a flip to get the rest the next hand and get up around 80k
Hand 6: 800/1600/200
I get moved to a new table and an older guy makes it 4100 in late middle position. He only has about 20k total and I have AQo on the button. I really really wanted to fold, but that seems pretty ridiculous given his stack so I reraised enough to put him in. He of course instacalls with KK. Flop A63!. Turn is a third diamond (he has the Kd) and the river is a K...I can't seem to hold after sucking out. I lose a couple more little pots and we make the money. We immediately stopped for the night after that, so I have 46,600 going into tomorrow, with average around 70k I think.
Steve


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home