Quick update from the WSOP
Well we had a bit of a rough start to the trip but things are starting to get better. We had some problems with our condo and are still having problems getting the money we sent to the Rio, but at least I'm still in the first event ($5000 mixed holdem). The rio seems to be horribly organized, made much worse by the absolutely ridiculous number of people here.
Anyways, today's event was the first ever mixed holdem event (I think). Basically we would alternate every half hour playing limit and no limit, with higher blinds for the limit than the no limit. I was at some pretty tough tables but got given some chips once and made some hands to finish a little above average at the end of today. I'm pretty exhausted and don't really remember too much, but I'll post a couple interesting/funny hands.
Hand 1: 75/150NL, 10.5k effective stacks
Older guy who plays a little weird raises to 450 utg. Folds to me in the bb and I raise to 1500 with AA. He pretty quickly makes it 3450 total and I put the rest of his money in. He calls pretty quickly. I immediately turn over my AA, he shows a K.....and then a Q....wow. Flop KQ9, but I runner runner a flush to win the pot.
Hand 2: 150/300NL, 20k effective
Pretty aggressive young guy raises to 900 early and I call on the button with AQo. Flop comes AJ8 with a flush draw, he bets 1200 and I call. Turn's an offsuit K and he bets 2700. Honestly I probably should've folded here on this board but talked myself into calling. River's a perfect offsuit T. He checks, I bet 5300 and he disgustedly calls and mucks. He later tells me he had a set...oops.
I then make a couple really bad resteal attempts that get snapped off and get down to around 27k before winning this big pot. I raise to 3k at 500/1000 with about 27k total. 3 people call and the flop comes T94 with two of my suit. I check and it checks to the button who bets 8k. The bb calls and I push 15k more. They both fold after some thought and I basically double up. I don't do much the rest of the day and finish at 55,500, probably slightly above average. We start again at 2pm Vegas time tomorrow and play until we're down to 9 (45 pay, about 90 people left). A bunch of other team pokerstars players are still in: I noticed Vanessa Rousso and Isabelle Mercier at the same table with decent stacks, and Humberto Brenes survived with a pretty short stack.
Steve


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home