Monday, March 19, 2007

WPT Invitational Day 2

I came into the day slightly above average at 70k (avg around 50k) but with the quick blind structure didn't have much time to mess around. I went a little rush early picking up AK, KK, AQ in the first couple orbits but didn't get much action. Basically that was the story of the day, I won a lot of little pots but couldn't win an all-in to save my life. They were only paying the top 6, with 100k and a 25k Bellagio seat going to first so I was playing pretty aggressively trying to build a big stack. A lot of the remaining field were pretty inexperienced players so even when I got pretty short I was able to steal a lot of blinds. Anyways, there weren't a whole lot of exciting hands that day, I only had 5 hands go to showdown:

1. I raise Q9 from the hijack, button who's pretty short pushes and his A7 holds.
2. I raise JT from the hijack, button shoves and I call getting >2:1, his 88 holds.
3. I raise AK from early, guy from hand 1 pushes, I call and lose to AJ.
4. I raise AJ and call a push getting 3:1 but run into AA.
5. After losing 4 I push a pretty short stack with 77 and lose to A9.

So a pretty frustrating day and a pretty useless 18th place finish. Vanessa Rousso (also from Team Pokerstars) made a deepish run too, but busted 20th. Overall the tournament was a lot of fun. It was kind of nice to play a tournament where no one was taking it super seriously and everyone was just having a good time. Hopefully I'll be invited back again next year.

As for my plans in the coming months, I'm not going to be playing much until school's done with in mid April. Then I plan to go down to the Bellagio to play some satellites to the WPT Championship. Hopefully I'll win one of those and play, if I don't I'll probably skip it. Other than that I think the WSOP is next, I'll be in Vegas for most of June and then for the ME in July.

Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home