Saturday, January 06, 2007

Back in the Bahamas

We got in the afternoon of the 4th and hung around the resort a little bit. That evening they had the Stars cocktail party, so the four of us went over to that. Met a bunch of people and had a pretty good time. We've been having internet problems in our room so none of us have been able to do much. We just found out today that you can get wireless in the lobby and hopefully they'll fix it in our room.

Anyways, I played yesterday and had a pretty crazy day overall. We started with 20k chips and 50/100 blinds and played 6 levels yesterday.

Hand 1: 50/100. We've only been playing about an orbit and I haven't really done much. I know the guy to my right from Niagara and there are a couple other good players at my table. Guy utg makes it 350, guy to my right calls, I call 76s on the button. Flop 664 with a flush draw. Raiser checks, guy bets 700. He's pretty tight and pretty much thinks I'm a maniac from our play in Niagara, so I raise to 2100 (expecting to get at least one call from a lot of pocket pairs). He doesn't take long to reraise to 6700. I tank and fold, he shows 44.

I call a couple bets with top pair and in general just lose pots constantly and get down as low as 13k before winning a couple mediocre sized pots. I'm around 16k when this hand happens.

Hand 2: 100/200. I raise to 600 in late middle position with 7d5d. Button cold calls and a blind calls. Button's short with around 10k. Flop Kd9d5. I bet 1200, button makes it 3k, blind folds. I push and he folds and I'm back where I started.

Hand 3: 100/200/25. Early guy who's won a bunch of pots makes it 600, 2 guys cold call. I have QQ and raise to 3500 in the sb. I squeezed once earlier with A9 and everyone folded. Raiser folds, and the next guy thinks a bit and pushes about 12k total. I call, he shakes his head and his 54s is no good.

Hand 4: 100/200/25. I make it 600 in the CO with JJ. SB (guy from hand 2) makes it 2500 with about 10k behind. I shove, he calls with AcKc and I win the flip.

Hand 5: 100/200/25. I make it 600 early with ATo. Guy who plays really weird calls in mp. Flop Ad6x3d. I check, he bets 2000, I think and call. Turn A, I check and he pushes 9700 or something pretty huge. I think and call and he shows JTo. Nice little rush and I'm at around 55k.

I win some pots and lose some pots and have around 65k when I get moved to a new table.

Hand 6: 200/400/50. This hand is pretty ridiculous. I've only been at the table about an orbit but have already opened twice. I raise to 1100 utg with 77, folded to the bb who calls. He's an oldish guy who looks like he'd play pretty straightforward. He's also the only guy at the table who covers me. Flop Kx7d3x. He checks and I decide to check behind. I don't think he's calling a bet on this flop with many hands, but he may pay off a turn bet with something like 99. Anyways, turn is the 8d. He checks, I bet 2100. He thinks a bit, visibly shaking, and makes it 9k. I call. River is the 3d. So the board is Kx7d3x8d3d. He grabs 20k, shaking uncontrollably now. I think to myself that I probably have to call that, but I'm not going to be thrilled about it. He puts that down, thinks a while longer, still shaking and then announces all in. I count down my chips and have about 54k left. He covers by a bit. I think a long time and eventually toss my cards in the muck. I still don't know what I think about this fold. At the time I liked it but then I found out he kind of plays weird and badly (although it was more of a call too much bad then crazy pushing.) Also, some guy who was about 5 feet behind him said he thought he saw the Qs, so that sucks.

After that my chips go all over the place, I won and lost a lot fo 5-10k pots. Then I get moved to a new table that looks really awful. Everyone is young and has an aggressive look to them. I get reraised a couple times and lose a bunch of pots and get down around 40k.

Hand 7: 400/800/75. I make it 2500 in middle position with 66. Folds to the bb who's a young guy who hasn't really played too many hands. But he also seems to be friends with the guy beside him, who's young, aggressive and I definitely recognize from somewhere. Anyways, he thinks a while and pushes, ~16500 more to me. I really really think he's weak and eventually call. He shows 23o and my 66 holds.

After that I had one medium sized bluff and didn't do too much else. I finished the day with 76,700 putting me in 20th place. I have today off but have to do some interviews pretty soon.

Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home