$2500 PL
Well I got off to a great start but that turned around in a hurry. I started at a weird table, half of them didn't show up for the first hour so we were playing 4-5 handed with the rest of them blinding off. So early I was raising lots of pots and winning a fair number of bliinds uncontested. Anyways, on to a few hands I guess (there aren't many).
Hand 1: 2600, 25/25
Folded to the cutoff who makes it 75, I make it 225 with 76 on the button. He calls. Flop A98, I bet 300, he makes it 700. I considered 3betting but was a little worried about the tiny raise. I call. Turn 5 and he pushes. Well that went well. I call and his AQ is drawing dead.
Hand 2: 5200, 25/50
1 limper and MP makes it 200. I call in the bb with AdQx and the limper calls. Flop Jd8d3d. I check, limper checks, raiser bets 500 with about 1800 behind. I make it 1700 and both fold.
I win a bunch of smallish pots and have 7775 at the first break. Definitely one of the bigger stacks at this point.
Hand 3: 7500, 50/100
I raise JJ early to 250. Aggressive guy in the bb calls. Flop 7x4s3s, he checks, I bet 350 and he makes it 1000. He has about 3000 more behind. I wasn't really 100% sure what to do here. I looked at him and really didn't feel like he was that strong, but there's an awful lot of terrible turn cards. I push. He says I hope you don't have AA/KK. Crap. He calls with QQ and it holds.
Hand 4: 4000, 50/100
I've open-limped in the sb several times already and do it again with AA. bb has 65 and the flop is 743 and I lose a big pot.
Hand 5: 1525, 50/100
Some guy raises to 300, button calls, I pot it to 1300 with QQ. Raiser folds, button calls. I bet my last 225 on the 965 flop and he calls with AJ. Turn 8, river A. Sigh.
So basically I lost one of the top ~20 stacks in the tournament in 2 orbits. So that sucked. I played some satellites afterwards and did alright, cashed in the first one and then nothing in the next few. I might decide to play the $5000 shorthanded tomorrow, depends on how I feel I guess. Otherwise I'll wait for the $2000 NL on Friday.
Steve


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home