Worst start to a trip ever...
I'm pretty sure this trip couldn't have started too much worse...Nat had gotten sick the day before, which didn't help things. Anyways, we got to the airport fine, checked in, got on our flight, etc. Flight arrived on time and things were looking alright.
Then there was a delay at the gate for a while, and Nat and I were both pretty exhausted already (it was like 1:30am our time). Anyways, we get to the baggage area, mine comes right away, but Nat's doesn't...and after everyone else has left, it still hasn't come. So now we had to go through some whole baggage claim thing and supposedly she'll likely get it tomorrow night (although they don't even know for sure where it is). So that sucked.
Then we finally get to the Venetian, go to check in and find out they don't have the room we wanted...I reserved the damn room months ago and it's just a normal non-smoking room with 1 king. Instead they send us to a 2 queen suite, whatever. So thinking this can't get much worse, we go find the elevator. In front of us is a 45 year old woman trying to look 20 and wearing a ridiculously tiny dress. She brings some equally sleazy looking guy into the elevator. So it's just me, Nat and them. The second we get in the elevator, he basically just grabs her and pushes her up against the wall and they start basically going at it in the elevator. From her "what floor are we going to" and general appearance, I'd bet a huge amount of money she was a hooker (I hope for his sake she was at least cheap.) Anyways, Nat and I try to avert our eyes and manage to get to our floor before things go too far.
We then get to the room and find out it's a smoking room. Neither of us can really stand smoke and there's a pretty strong smell in there, so there's no chance either of us is sleeping in this room. Oh and I forgot, my credit card for some reason got declined when we got here, so I had to pay the room in cash...which sucks because I really didn't bring all that much extra cash. So then we go complain and get moved to some non-smoking 1 king room that's about a 10 minute walk away from the casino itself...I honestly have no idea how to even get back to the casino or where we are. I am pretty sure we're still technically in the Venetian though.
Well, that's it. It's now 3:30 our time (12:30 in Vegas) and I pretty much just want to go to sleep. I guess I'll probably still play the satellite tomorrow, while Nat does some shopping. Hopefully we get her luggage by tomorrow night...
Steve


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home