Monday, July 09, 2007

Out of the main event

Sorry for the couple day delay, but just thinking about that day gets me frustrated. Basically absolutely nothing went right all day. But there were a few interesting/entertaining hands which I'll list below.

Hand 1: 50/100 blinds, ~18k chips
Before this hand I've lost about 2k chips by raising, getting called, missing the flop and then getting played back at. Anyways, middle position limps, I limp the button with J9o, sb folds and bb check. Flop comes Q99r, checked to me and I bet 225. BB instantly makes it 800 and I call. BB just got here 1 hand ago so no reads whatsoever. Turn's a T, he bets 1500 and I call. I'm pretty sure he has a big hand, but there's a lot of 9's I beat so I can't really see folding and raising seems a little crazy. River's a J and he unhappily checks. I bet 2800 and he calls and mucks. Our table immediately breaks and I go over to my next one.

Hand 2: 50/100 blinds
My new table has a bunch of well known online players, including Randers and GBmantis. I'm not in this pot, but it's pretty funny. GBmantis raises utg to 275, MP calls and Randers makes it 1050 in the sb. GB INSTANTLY makes it 2800 and MP folds. Randers now laughs and shakes his head, picks up his hand and after shaking his head some more throws it in the muck. Mantis shows QQ as if to show he wasn't bluffing and Randers immediately disgustedly gets up, knocking his chips over in the process and storms off, muttering to himself. Apparently he folded KK, as the guy to his left who saw his cards confirms.

Hand 3: 100/200 blinds, ~22k chips
GBmantis opens to 550 in MP and gets 2 callers. I decide I'm squeezing super wide and reraise Q9o to 2650 in the sb. Mantis mucks, but the first caller calls. Flop comes Kxx and my 3800 chip bet is good.

This gets me to my high point and the rest of my tournament is basically a free fall of never making any hands and always getting played back at. It was ridiculously frustrating and unending even when I got moved to a 3rd table. I won 2 smallish pots that kept me afloat until I finally flop a set and lose to some tool who check raises me all in on the turn when the flush draw comes. I tank and call, he sits there staring at me. I show him my hand, he stares at me. Finally he picks up his cards and slowrolls out the J-high flush all while staring directly at me. I basically tell him he's an idiot and resist the urge to further berate him while the river bricks and I lose most of my mediocre stack. I still have 10 bb's and some chance to do something but the first time I push (J9s in MP) I run into KK and that's that.

Overall a frustrating tournament but sometimes there's just not a whole lot you can do. I'm probably going to play the Bellagio cup WPT on Tuesday and then head home whenever I bust.

Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home