Events #6,7,8
Nothing too exciting to report really. I cashed event 6, but 7 and 8 (limit holdem and limit omaha 8 or better) really never went anywhere.
Event 6 was the $320 PLO with rebuys. My first table featured high stakes online player stealthmunk (aperfectgent on Pokerstars) who literally played every hand the first hour. I was absurdly card dead and missed every flop the first hour and had one extra rebuy plus the addon while not winning a single pot the first hour.
The second hour started well as I doubled up with a straight and two pair all in against a set on the turn. Then I won a huge pot where I limped up front with AAQx. Three more players limped and the cutoff minraised. A blind called and it was back to me. I contemplated reraising but felt that would basically turn my hand face up and since I can only make it about 1/10th of my stack I'm going to be in a horrible spot postflop. So I just called, as did the next limper who and then the last player who was slightly short, bet the pot. The minraiser called, the bb called, and now I was able to effectively move in with my aces which I obviously did. The short stack called off the rest and after one fold, the last player called as well with QJ93 no suits. My hand somehow held (I have about 43% equity in the 3way pot) and I was all of a sudden near the top of the leaderboard with around 71k.
After that nothing really went particularly well. I made a biggish bluff and the guy made an excellent call and then getting a little frustrated I repotted a button raise with AKxx. He instantly put the rest in and I had to call, but couldn't beat his QQ75. At least I managed to eke out my first WCOOP cash.
Today is the 215 rebuy which I'm pretty excited for. Hopefully I can get a gambling starting table and get chips early.
Steve


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home