A normal day at the PCA
Yesterday I played Day 1a of the PCA, and as usual here I couldn't lose a pot if I tried. After losing maybe 2 or 3 decent sized pots all day, and winning the rest, I finished the day in 2nd out of ~240 with 170,925. Looking back there really weren't all that many interesting pots. I had a bunch of little bluffs work, I won a ton of blinds and when I had hands people basically threw chips at me. Towards the end of the day I won a ~50k flip JJ>AK to give me about 130k and after that ran over the table for the last level of the day. I'm trying to think about interesting hands, and not really coming up with much.
At 400/800/100, folds to the button who open limps. He's basically never folded a button when folded to him, I've never really played back too much. I check Q8o, flop comes Qh6h6. I check, he bets 2200 (from what I've seen, he bets his whole range here), I call. Turn Qx, I check he checks. River 9, I check (he bluffs way more often than he calls here), he bets 5k. I get a count and he has about 18k behind. I shove, he thinks a few seconds and calls with T9o.
I don't know, maybe I'll think of more later. Anyways, I have today off so we're going to go check out the beaches and pools today.
Steve


3 Comments:
So standard. gl and pls to be winning.
Hey Steve - looks like a another normal day at the job.. good luck!
Hey Steve. I'm a reporter with the Globe and Mail and I'm trying to do a story on Mike McDonald, who just at Dortmund. He's mentioned you as something as a mentor. Can we get in touch? I'd really like to hear your assessment of young Mr. McDonald's game. I'm trying to finish this story by 3 p.m.
Please email patrickwhite@globeandmail.com or, better yet, phone me at 416-585-5756.
Thanks so much,
Patrick White
Post a Comment
<< Home