Quick day
Well today was quick, although somewhat exciting. I folded for about an orbit, then someone open shoved and I looked down at AA and called. He has A9 one club which is pretty sweet until the flop came 865 all clubs. Luckily I dodged the turn and river and was up over 100k. A couple hands later he shoved again for 65k and I look down at AKs and call. The bb tank folds AQs and he shows A8 of spades. Flop JJ2 one spade, turn Qs river 6s. Damn, back to 40k. I shove once, beat a super short stack's QJo with AKo and resteal once to get back to 100k.
Then folded to me on the button with 95k, sb is elky and covers, bb is a good young guy with about 55-60k. I have A2s and decide to just shove. I could just open raise and call bb's shove, fold if elky shoves, but I feel like they'll 3bet wide enough it's not going to show a huge profit. Also, shoving just wins the pot more often which at this stage of the tournament is fine with me. I checked it when I got back and shoving wins somewhere between 2k and 4k depending on how wide they call so I like my shove. Unfortunately Elky had QQ, and the door card was a red queen (I had spades). The two other flop cards were spades, but I missed the turn and river and was out in 47th.
Steve


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home