Monday, July 12, 2010

WSOP Day 3

Day got off to a decent start, I shoved a bunch of mediocre hands and never got called. Got up to 30k or so, then young guy in the CO opens, I jam TT, bb calls 25k total with AK and I hold to get to 55. Not too long later, I open AJo in the hijack to 4k at 800/1600/200, loose guy calls button and a young guy who had been pretty active makes it 14.7k. My standard play is to fold here but I just really felt like he'd 3bet really wide here, so I shoved, he tanked for quite a while and eventually folded.

That got me to 65k or so, right around my high point for the tournament (average was probably 100ish). Still at 800/1600, folds to me in the sb, bb is an online guy I don't know too much about with 25k. I shove A9o, he calls KTo and I lose the 60/40. Hands like this are funny, just a few years ago no one would have called in his spot, now it's super standard (and with good reason). Couple hands later, I now have 40k and open to 4k in the hijack with QQ. BB (guy who 3b/folded to me) calls. Flop T63hh, he check/calls 6k. Turn is an offsuit 5. He checks, I have 30k and there's about 22.5k in the pot. I shove, he calls T5s. Sigh.

Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home