WSOP Day 1
Long time no post, but played day 1 of WSOP yesterday...finished with 45k which was a little disappointing given my super good table draw. There was one really good online player across the table, but otherwise it was about as good a table as I could hope for. Really my day wasn't particularly interesting. I didn't make a ton of hands and mostly just stayed between 25-32k (30k starting stacks) for the first 3 levels. Every time I won a decent sized pot I'd lose one 10 minutes later, and then repeat. I do have one pretty good hand though.
150/300/25, I have 27k, big blind covers. Folds to the hijack who raises to 900. I've been opening a fair bit but haven't really 3bet at all plus this guy had a tendency to raise big with his strong hands so I 3bet J8o on the button to 2600. The big blind who was extremely tight cold calls (oops) and the raiser folds. Flop 765r, he checks I check. Turn 4, he check calls 3300. River 9 and he leads 10k. I pretty much have no clue what he can have (88?) but he certainly can't have T8 so I shove for 20.6k total. He tanks for a while and then calls. While he was thinking I just assumed he had 99 or AA or something weird like that. I did not expect the AKo he turned over...
That got me to 55k but then a missed nut flush draw and getting played back at a fair bit led me to bleed back down to 44975 at the end of the day. I play tomorrow, here's hoping I exceed my previous WSOP main event best finish and play more than 3 hands tomorrow (and you know maybe win a bunch of chips too)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home