Tuesday, February 23, 2010

25k shootout

Pretty disappointing day that got off to a good start. I was happy with my table draw (Hellmuth, a very good online player, Hoyt Corkins, Greg Raymer, John Duthie, Hevad Khan, me). Especially with the pretty quick structure, I think I'm going to have an edge over most of the "live pros" and my table had far fewer online players than most. Also, thanks to Hellmuth, our table was the feature table, so I'll get some time on ESPN when this airs. Unfortunately the tournament itself didn't go so well.

I won a decent pot early to get up to 30k (25k starting stacks) and then just hovered around there forever. Nobody was busting at our table (one table finished when we had only had one person bust). Eventually at 400/800/100, I raised utg 6 handed with JJ, Hoyt Corkins jammed 18k, I call and lose the flip to AQs to get down to 13k. Was super card dead for two orbits before jamming KTo utg at 6/12/1 for 9.5k and losing to JJ. Both hands are pretty standard, not much else to be done. I just never really got hands and wasn't able to anything going. Tough not to be disappointed since this was my first 25k but I'll get over it. Doing some eptlive tonight (www.eptlive.com I think) which is always fun, possibly more tomorrow and then flying back home Thursday.

Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home