Wednesday, January 06, 2010

PCA Day 1

Kind of a strange day, got really lucky once and other than that didn't have a whole lot go well. A few hands of note:

Hand 1: 100/200, 35k stacks
BB is sitting out, sb seems decent, tightish. I open button to 500 w/ AQ and he 3bets to 2100, I call. Flop AQTr, he bets 2600 and I think calling and letting him barrel is better than raising so I call. Turn J :/ He checks, I check. River 7, he checks and I bet 3800 for value. He calls pretty quick with JJ, bleh.

Hand 2: 150/300, bb has 20k, I have 25k.
I open A6cc to 750, button who is not good calls, bb calls. BB is young and clearly a good online player though I think capable of some crazy stuff (maybe wishful thinking :) ) Flop A64r, check, I bet 1400, button folds, bb makes it 3500. I considered just calling down but felt like if he was going to do something insane, he was more likely to do it over a small 3bet than a call. In retrospect think just calling down might be better, not sure. Anyways, I make it 6800, he makes it 10100, I shove and turn an A against his 66.

After that I was pretty card dead but won the hands I played and stayed in the 50-60k range for a while. Then the last two levels I just couldn't win a pot to save my life. Was absurdly card dead and the few times I opened light I got 3bet. Pretty frustrating way to end but lucky to still be in so can't be too upset to have 37k. Have the day off tomorrow, that will be nice. Then hopefully more run good on Thursday.

Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home