Friday, December 18, 2009

12/180

Well after trying and failing to use the replayer I suggested I just decided to go through the hands now. Nothing too interesting for the first few levels, I make a couple somewhat tight folds (77 and KQ both utg), think both are close but fine I'd definitely open if there were antes. With 77, if we get 3bet by the pretty tight range of TT+/AQs/AKo, we'll get 3bet (and have to fold) almost 30% of the time. With KQo that goes down to around 23%. Since we're risking 2.5-3bb to win 1.5 ignoring calls we need to win 60-67% of the time so it's close if we're getting 3bet really tight. People play pretty poorly in these so we probably get called by a bunch of random hands, but with specifically 77 and likely going to be out of position I'm not sure that's the greatest thing in the world. Anyways, I'd often open both UTG, but happened not to this time.

First hand of note, the CO who'd been quite loose/passive limps at 50/100 with 700 behind, sb completes and I shove A2o. Think it's pretty safe to ignore sb, if CO never folds we need 41% to breakeven and we should have close to 50% given how loose he's been, and getting him to fold some hands is only going to help. He calls K4s and we hold.

Bunch more easy folds then some push/fold stuff:
shove 9bb on the button with K9o which is close if they call correctly but I expect randoms to fold too much when it's more most to all of their chips.
Fold KQo utg+1 with 11bb, it's a shove with antes but it almost certainly loses money without.
Shove 7bb from the hijack with A3o. Antes are in now, folding here is a disaster
Shove 9.5bb from hijack+1 with JTs. Same as above. Nice to beat KK and get to 20bb too :)

Bunch more standard folds then I make what looks like a pretty bad check. A guy with 4.5bb limps, a guy with 8bb overlimps, sb completes, and I have 12.5bb in the bb and check KQo. Meh, actually maybe I don't mind it. The first limper is never folding and while we'll be putting in 1460 to win 3450 and be in a clearly profitable spot, checking is also clearly profitable and reduces variance some. We get it in on Q76 and hold vs QJ.

Lots more standard folds, hold 88 against 66 and get up to 19k and I think getting somewhat close to the bubble at this point. Make one light open with K9o, then a horrible fold with A3s in the CO. It's funny looking over hand histories there's always a couple hands where you just kind of shake your head and wonder what you were thinking. I can only assume I had a decision at another table and just didn't look at stacks/positions or something.

After that I just get no spots on the bubble with okybotero going nuts. Make 2 tight folds vs Earpling's shoves but just really didn't feel like he'd shove light on the bubble as there were a couple really short stacks around. When the bubble finally bursts I have 6.5bb and shove K3s utg 8 handed. Running some quick numbers this looks anywhere from slightly bad to decently good depending on calling ranges though with a couple super short stacks I'm guessing it's not great. I lose a small side pot to AT but get lucky in the main against 66 and a few hands later win AJ vs A6 and AT vs 64 (but lose to KK) to get up to near 30x starting and around double average with 12 left.

At this point my replayer seems to just stop playing hands but as I recall I continued to run really good at the final table and end up winning. This was the first day I played these and they're actually pretty fun. The structure is crazy fast so it's mostly just shove/fold the whole way, but it's a good way to work on that part of your game and they go pretty quick. I played a few more the other day and will likely start adding a few as part of my regular schedule.

Anyways, time to get some sleep for the tournament.

Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home