Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Close calls

Sorry for the lack of updates recently, it's amazing how time seems to fly by recently. Anyways, I've had a couple close calls the last few Sundays but some unfortunate river cards have cost me. 2 weeks ago with 16 left I got all in with KK against AT for the chip lead in a 55 cubed, but lost to the river ace. This week (after running super good) was near the chip lead with a couple tables left before losing a monstrous pot AA vs KK to a river K. I was still alive after that but couldn't get anything going and busted out 12th. I used to take stuff like that pretty badly but recently I've been a lot more relaxed while playing and just focusing on concentrating and playing well while trying as hard as possible to ignore results. Still a work in progress but I definitely think I play better when I can stay detached.

In non poker news, I'm really looking forward to the 2nd annual alumni badminton tournament at my old high school. The coaching (and playing that goes along with it) has gotten me playing better and in better shape so hopefully I can improve on my 2-6 record from last year! I probably won't end up playing as many games which is probably a good thing, as by my last game last year I was struggling to walk let alone run and jump...

Other than that, Christmas plans have got the calendar looking pretty full, then it's off to PCA, which has a pretty incredible list of side events this year. I'll probably look through the schedule a little better and make a list of what I want to play in the coming days. Hopefully though I'll just go deep in the main and not have to worry about any of the side events.

Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home