Monday, September 07, 2009

WCOOP Day 1

Well day 1 for me anyways. Played all 3 Sunday WCOOPs, with a mincash in the small one and nothing else. In the 215, I slowly picked up chips early, then won a couple flips to get lots of chips on the bubble. Was able to abuse the bubble a bit but then ran AKs into AA for a huge pot not long after.

The 530, again I won some medium pots early and got up to 2.5x starting stack, then ran a big failed bluff, then doubled KK>AK, then had a couple other big bluffs fail, lost a flip and was out.

Lastly was the 10k, which was a super tough field. Unfortunately I just didn't make hands at the right times in this. I wavered between 10k and 12k chips for a while before squeezing light, cbetting the flop and getting shoved on. I'm normally fairly in line preflop, but I felt like my 3bets would get a fair bit of respect at the table. The hand before I'd 3bet from the sb and won the pot, next hand the same guy opens from the hijack to 400 and the CO called. These are funny spots, some people always have it when they 3bet twice in a row, others use this and 3bet super light. I thought I'd get credit so 3bet 93s to 1400 11k deep, hijack folds and CO thinks and calls. Flop Q88 and I think here I should've just given up. CO is super good and is definitely capable of showing up with big hands played this way, and it's just not really a flop that a lot of his range to call my squeeze is going to fold on. Anyways, after that I went super card dead, eventually shoved 7k at 200/400 in the sb, bb calls A7o and I lose.

Won't be playing again for a few days, hopefully I can make a run when I do. In Emily related news, she's doing very well and starting to get into a little bit of a schedule which has helped in the sleep department a bit. :)

Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home