Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sundays on a Tuesday

Had some visitors on Sunday, Mike and his girlfriend stopped by on the way to her parents' cottage so skipped the Sundays and hung out with them. Was a lot of fun, played some games, chatted about poker/2+2 a fair bit (not sure she enjoyed that so much :) ), then went out for dinner.

Decided to pretend today was Sunday and put in a long session. Started around 2, planning to keep registering for stuff until at least 9 but after busting a lot of mid-afternoon stuff quickly I decided to quit early and finished up before the bigger late night tourneys started. Had a decent run in the 109r but finished a disappointing 12th after running AJ into AQ and A7 into AK both pretty shallow. I've built stacks and cashed it a bunch of times recently but just can't seem to keep it together.

Anyways, in other news, WCOOP is fast approaching, first event is September 3rd. I'm going to try to play a fair bit, though I'm going to be pretty busy around then so not 100% sure how that will work out. Here's hoping to run good in the events I do get to play and maybe get a WCOOP bracelet to make up for missing out on a WSOP one. I'm planning to write up some post-tourney reports for these, I haven't been great about doing those of late, but they help me a fair bit too with going over my play, so I'll do my best to actually do them this time.

Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home