Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Updates

Bit of a lull recently in terms of playing. I've played the last few Sundays, but apart from winning a WCOOP ME seat and some smaller seats, haven't really done much of anything. Getting close to WCOOP time now (starts September 3rd) and definitely getting excited for that. My last couple I've had a lot of cashes but yet to make a final table so hope to break that streak this year.

In non-poker related news, spent the last two days playing golf with my brother and a couple friends from Waterloo. We played a 2v2 scramble and hoped to play 36 holes, but thanks to a thunderstorm yesterday, we only got 29 in. The teams were really well matched as it turns out, my brother is the best of the 4, but I'm likely the worst so it ended up working well. We didn't play great the first day and were down 3, but mounted a pretty huge comeback today, getting to 2 up with 5 to play. After a bit of a blowup on 15, we went to 18 one up, but they made a great up and down for birdie to tie. So 2 days and 29 holes later, no winner. Final scores were +4 for each of us. We were 2 under today through 13 thanks to making a ton of putts, but a double killed us and we finished +1 (+3 on day 1). Pretty much the first time I've played actually competitive golf and it was a ton of fun.

Well, that's it for now. I'll try to keep up with posting updates, if I make a run in something soon I'll post some hands/analysis.

Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home