Monday, June 15, 2009

Coolers

Well trip 1 of my WSOP is done, heading back home on Wednesday for a week and a half before coming back for a couple more prelims and the main event. Last two tournaments were pretty lame, mostly just featured a bunch of coolers.

$1500 NL: I have 4500 at 50/100, guy opens to 250 in MP, CO calls, I make it 950 w/ KK, raiser folds, caller shoves 3k total and his AA holds. Little while later I lose 55 to A4s for the rest.

$2000 NL: Very early on, 25/50, sb makes it 275(!), I make it 825 with AA in the bb, he instantly makes it 2350 (note: while this is a huge cooler for him, at this point I would likely fold JJ/AK, and would tell myself I should fold QQ/KK but can't promise I would), I shove and hold over KK to get to 12k. Nice start and definitely makes up for the other day. :)

100/200 I open in early middle to 500 w/ QQ, sb makes it 1500 with 4k back. He looks like an online guy but I really don't think he's light here much, but I have queens so I go all in, he calls with KK and it holds. Back to 6k.

100/200/25 Have some raises/cbets work to get to 7.5k, SUPER tight guy shoves 3k on the button and I eventually call ATs in the bb (this is a really easy call against literally everyone except this guy, think it's probably pretty close against him). He has KQo and wins, down to 3.5k.

Now for the most ridiculous hand I've ever seen live or online. 100/200/25 I make it 500 with AA and about 3k behind. Some guy calls, internet guy from QQvKK hand shoves, bb calls pretty quick, I call, caller folds. I have AhAd, internet guy has AsKd, other guy has KsKh. Pretty sweet eh? Well, suffice it to say that I lost to both...seems a fitting end to the first part of this trip, hopefully that means great things for part 2!

1 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Blogger Eugene said...

Pretty brutal. Hope WSOP 2 goes better for you. GL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home