Tuesday, June 09, 2009

The last week

Sorry for no updates, it's hard to want to write an update when I don't really do much.

Thursday: Played both the $1500 6max and the $2500 HA, played a combined less than 2 hours. Basically just couldn't make a hand, then made a couple and they had better.

Friday: 2k NL. I won a lot of pots and a small flip early to get to 15k. Hovered around there forever, then made a little check-raise bluff with overs, got called but got there and we checked it down to get to 25k. Fell off a bit after getting moved to a tougher table, then played this hand:

400/800/75, I make it 2100 in the CO with AJo, bb defends. He's a young aggro looking guy with a bunch of chips. Flop 987hh, he checks and I check. I'm going to check a ton of hands here since this is the kind of flop you get checkraised on a ton. Turn 8x, he bets 3100 and I call. I'm getting close to 3:1, have some outs (up to 16 if he has like 66 or whatever) but basically I just think he's going to bet the turn always when I check through. River 2x and he bets 5500. This just comes down to whether he's capable of bluffing (pretty sure yes) and how good he is at value betting (unsure). If he's only value betting big hands (like 8x) it's a lot easier to call than if he's capable of vbetting like T9 or something. I thought for a while and he seemed pretty uncomfortable so I made the call and beat his KThh.

Couple hands later I won a decent pot with QQ on a low board and was up around 45k and doing well. Then table breaks and I get moved to a super young and aggressive table. I raised and got 3 bet twice, 3bet once and got cold 4bet and had to fold all 3 times to get back down to 30k. Then at 500/1k, a guy who liked to open 4x made it 4000, I reraised TT and had to call when he shoved but lost to QQ.

Saturday/Sunday: Played online.

Monday: $2500 6max. I got a pretty horrible table draw, 3 online high stakes MTT regulars, a 21 year old Slovenian who was talking about playing the 10k hu and seemed quite good and a mid-high stakes online cash regular who played really well. Couple hands from this:

25/50, I limp KTo in the sb, bb makes it 150 I call. Flop 844r, I check, he bets 200, I call. Could probably just fold flop but I think floating with overs here is fine. Turn K, I check he bets 500 I call. River blank, I check and he bets 1k. Pretty sure he can be value betting lots of worse hands plus bluffing some non zero percent, but he has KJ this time and I lose a pretty big pot early.

75/150, Slovenian guy makes it 400 utg+1, I call A9ss in the bb. Flop KKs7s, I check/call 600. Turn Jx, check/check. River K, I check, he bets 1400 and I shove for just over 5k. I wouldn't do this against most but he seems good enough to both a) value bet TT-88 b) be capable of folding a full house. He really has no reason to think I have anything but a king here, and he folds after a 10-15 seconds thought.

100/200, aggro online guy makes it 400 in the CO, other online guy makes it 1200 on the button 4800 deep and I have 99 in the bb. I definitely 4bet JJ+,AK, probably TT and wasn't sure what to do with 99 but ended up 4betting to 2800. CO folds, button thinks a couple seconds and puts it in with JJ, I river a 9 to get to 15k.

Table decides not to let me win pots for a while and I get back down to 10k, then double with AcQc all in on the turn vs JJ on 9532cc. Don't do much for a long time but get up around 25k just before dinner. Last hand before break, button opens to 800, and I just know before I look that he isn't going to believe a 3bet at all (trying to win the last hand before dinner is all the rage), I look down at AKo and make it 2.4k, he shoves absurdly fast, I call and lose to 77 to get down to 10k at dinner. Get back and quickly run JJ into AA to bust and that's that.

Taking today off because I don't really want to play the $1500 PLHE, back to playing tomorrow. Now 0/6 and feel like I'm playing reasonably well but just not having the best hand a whole lot. Hopefully that starts to change!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home