Sundays and WSOP plans
Had another disappointing Sunday, never really got chips in anything and the couple times I did get chips I just stopped winning pots. Leaving this coming Sunday for Vegas, staying for 2.5 weeks and pretty much planning to play a tournament a day while I'm there. First tournament is the $1500 PLO on June 1st so hopefully I can get off to a good start and break my 20+ no cash streak at the WSOP.
Other than that, nothing too exciting. 5 or 6 months ago I started getting back into badminton which I hadn't played in almost 5 years, so that's been a lot of fun. Played in a tournament over the weekend, matches were best 2 of 3 to 21, and despite never losing a game worse than 21-19, we managed to go 1-3...was ridiculously frustrating to just fail at closing games again and again, kind of reminded me of poker :) Tournament was still lots of fun, it's been a long time since I've played in one, and I definitely felt it for the next couple days.
Anyways, next update will probably be from Vegas and will hopefully include a picture of a WSOP bracelet :)
Steve


1 Comments:
Badminton is great for staying slim and in shape for those looong dreary tournaments!
I *know* you'll do great! Don't ever feel that anyone out there is better than you.
There is a good element of luck in poker, and especially large-field tournaments like the WSOP events.
You demonstrated a great deal of skill and luck at PCA 2006, perhaps this year is the year to hit that streak again at WSOP! =P
Post a Comment
<< Home