Some interesting hands from the PLO
Too many hands and too long ago to remember everything but thought I'd give a quick recap of the plo tournament. I busted the heads up about 20 minutes after it'd started but was able to register late and sat down at a pretty sweet table. The tournament was kind've neat, $200 buyin with $100 rebuys. So basically it's correct to gamble because you can buy chips cheaply. That was nice because I was kind've in a gambling mood after busting the hu. Sit down and get AA** first hand, someone pots, I repot and we see a 7 way 876 flop and I check/fold. Next hand I get it in 4ways with KQT9ds (I'm pretty good at picking up hands) and make the nuts to get a bunch of chips. The rest of the rebuy period is spent seeing flops trying to flop big hands and get it in since people are stacking off super light. I win another decent pot and finish up with 24k after the 4k addon (2k starting chips).
Get back from the break and get moved tables pretty quick then a somewhat interesting hand. 3 limpers at 200/400, I call J877ds on the button, sb calls, bb checks. Flop A97dd (I have J8dd), checked to me, I bet 2k only sb calls. Haven't been here long but as I moved over he was playing a huge pot with top 2 no redraw. May have been fine but decent chance he's too loose. Anyways, turn 2o, he checks, I bet 5600 and he calls. River Ad and he checks. Kind of a weird spot but I don't think there are too many worse hands that call a bet and plenty of better ones he can have so I check it back and lose to 9992.
Next little while is a blur, get moved 2 more times, play a funny hand where I basically try to bust. 2 limpers, I check 98xx in bb (don't remember exact side cards, one over one under I think). Flop 982cc, checked to some guy who bets 2k at 3k, I pot to 10k he thinks a bit and calls, I have 4k behind. Turn Qc. I mean I just can't have the best hand and should probably check fold but I don't really want to go on break with 4k so just stick it in. He folds :) I cannot imagine what 4 cards he had.
Get moved again. This tournament was weird, in that EVERYONE, even the people who looked crazy were super straightforward. Fun bluff, I raise T986 one suit to 3k in the CO, both blinds call. Flop AJJcc, I don't have clubs. Check, bb bets 4k at 9k with like 22k behind. He just never has a hand that can stack off here I don't think so I call, sb folds. Turn is a 4 or something, he bets 8k with 14k behind and I shove. He folds after a bit and I show for fun.
Lose top two +overs vs two top+OESD+overs to get shortish again but then get ther AKQ7ss vs KKxx to get some chips back, then double again with AAQJds vs KKxxds to get a bunch of chips. Things go well for a little it but then I just fail miserably at getting hands forever and we get close to the bubble with me one of the shorter stacks with around 100k at 4k/8k. I get lucky and bust one guy with 2bb when he shoves and I have to call bb which gives me a couple chips to do some raising on the bubble. That goes wellish and I make the money with around 160k. Make the final table soon after but lose TP+OESD vs AAxx to get short again. Luckily there are a couple people who decide to limp/fold when they have 5bb and I get some chips back.
Fast forward a bit and I have 200k 5 handed with other stacks 900k, 400k, 300k, 300k. They want to deal but I'm pretty sure I have a huge edge vs them so I say no to a pretty solid deal. Next hand I double when chip leader gets it in in a limped pot with 8766 on 9842 vs my 982x and I hold. Hand after that he pots, I find AAJT one suit and repot, he calls. Flop Q96hh, I don't have hearts and shove for a little over half pot. He thinks a bit and calls with KJJ3 no suits. Wow. So 2 hands after turning down the deal, new stacks are ~950k for me, 400k, 300k, 250k, 200k. From there I win most of the pots, helped by coolering someone with the nut flush vs second nut flush. Get 3 handed, I have ~1.7M, other guy has ~400k, other guy 90k. I raise button to 90k and sb effectively shoves. He really cared about moving up to 2nd, so I'm pretty sure he only does this with AA**, maybe some KK**. BB folds, I'm getting the right price vs AA, so I stick it in and get very lucky vs his KK74. That leaves me hu with >2M against the other guy's 50k, and I manage to win that :) Ship the $25k and the second straight year with a win in a side event at this tournament!
Steve


2 Comments:
Grats! It's great you did so well!
How did the BBQ Ribs go?
5.50 SNG sometime?
Post a Comment
<< Home