Wednesday, June 03, 2009

0/2

I got some chips at least today but lost a huge pot at 100/200/25 to bust. Started out not looking like a good day, pretty much just lost a bunch of small pots and got down to 2k. Then the trend reversed and I won a bunch of pots to get up to 5k before winning AKs>KK against a shortstack to get to 9ish. Then called a 15bb small blind shove with 66 and beat A8o, then won QQ>ATdd on 642dd against another short stack and peaked at 17k before this hand:

young guy makes it 475 at 100/200/25 in early middlish, I make it 1600 in the CO with AA, he calls. He has ~15k total. Flop Jx7d2x, he check calls 2225. Turn 9d, he checks, I bet 3850, he shoves 12k total, I call and lose to JJ. Don't really think there's too much else to be done in this hand, sometimes you just have to go broke. Few hands later I shove AQo and run into AK and JJ and that's it.

Tomorrow I may play 2 tourneys, 1500 6max at 12 and then if I bust early there's a 2500 half plo half nl. Should be a fun tourney so hopefully I'll either get to play or have lots of chips in the 6max and won't care about missing it.

Steve

4 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Blogger Eugene said...

Is a turn check bad in this spot?or do you think he might be floating you with hands like j10 109, etc.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Geomance said...

You're awesome Steve!
And don't go into tomorrow thinking you'll get to play 2 tourneys (the 2nd one *if* you bust out of the 1st)-be optimistic =). This IS your year!

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Geomance said...

Steve,

Nice job winning the WSOP ME $33+R qualifier on Saturday!!! Wow! That was some awesome headsup play! =)
You're my 3rd poker idol now haha

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Steve said...

eugene, I talked about this with a couple people and I like bet/calling the turn more. I doubt there are a ton of Jx hands in his range (maybe none, maybe some AJs-JTs stuff) but I'd expect him to show up with anything from 77-KK (he 4bets QQ/KK sometimes but certainly not always). There are 3 combinations of each set and 6 of each non-set so I think making sure I stack QQ/KK and either making him fold 6 outs or shove TT/88 is better than checking back. Somewhat close though for sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home