Monday, June 01, 2009

First event: quick and painless

Well I didn't last long today but at least I got it over with in a hurry. It was $1500 PLO and instead of starting you with the full 4500 chips, you get 1500 and 2 rebuy chips that would each get you another 1500 whenever you wanted. The guy to my right seemed super loose and got chips early so I used my rebuys. Didn't win a pot in the first level, mostly just folded, called a couple raises and raised once and check/folded. Only real hand I played all day:

50/100 - i have ~4k
I raise in ep to 300 w/ AA77 no suits, sb calls, bb calls. BB is also super loose and defends way too much. Flop KJ3 rainbow, checked to me I bet 600, sb folds, bb calls. Turn 6, he checks, I bet 2k with 1k behind, he sticks it in and I call and lose to 9633ss.

Aaron was still in so I waited around for him for a while. Played one $525 satellite and shoved 17bb with KQs over a raise and got called by KK to bust. Chatted with some people I know for a while and eventually gave up on him busting and came back to the condo.

Tomorrow is $1500 NL, hope to win a pot this time :)

2 Comments:

At 11:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Steve. Enjoy your blog.

I've played a few 2-7 triple draw hands with you on Pokerstars. Was wondering if you are going to play that event at WSOP?

 
At 12:57 AM, Blogger Steve said...

don't have any plans to but might if I find a small one that fits my schedule

 

Post a Comment

<< Home