Friday, July 24, 2009

Long time no post

Been a little while since I've posted, mainly because I haven't been playing much poker since WSOP. Played a Sunday and a couple random weekdays with no notable scores but mostly just been relaxing and playing some golf/tennis. Will be playing a lot this Sunday including a tournament where I'm a bounty (people get money for knocking me out). I've had a few people ask me before if I think it's good to be a bounty, it seems pretty clearly good to me.

Take for example the Bay 101 WPT, it's a $5k buyin and a number of pros have $5k bounties on them. Some people don't like to be bounties because people try to bust them and it makes it harder to win pots. This is certainly true but in general is a good thing. Basically it becomes correct for people to gamble way more because they get an extra $5k for busting you. But in doing so they're basically trading the EV they get from the bounty for their EV in the tournament. If they take a 40-60 against you first hand of the tournament, they have 2x starting stack and $5k 40% of the time (worth roughly $15k total) and $0 60% of the time for an EV of $6k. Good gamble for them. You get 2x starting stack (worth ~$10k) 60% of the time and $0 40% of the time for an EV of $6k, good gamble for you. He's won 2k of "bountyEV" and lost 1k of "tourneyEV", you've gained 1k of "tourneyEV". Basically having a bounty on you creates a ton of these spots where people are giving you extra EV in the tournament because of the bounty they stand to win.

So to sum up, yes I like having a bounty on me :)

Steve

1 Comments:

At 7:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Blogger,

I have a business offer for you please contact me at Amy.evens@topspot-promotions.com.

Thanks and Regards,
Amy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home