PCA
Sorry for no posts in a while. After spending a day sick with the food poisoning, I sat next to 2 people with colds on the plane. Not surprisingly ended up sick, and am just now back near 100%.
Anyways, back to PCA, day 3 I started with 49k, way below average but we were fairly close to the money. I got seated in the big blind at 2k/4k (I think?), folded an orbit before shoving QJs utg. I got called by AJ, flopped a straight flush draw and rivered a flush to get up around 80k. Not too long after that a really aggro guy raised utg, I jammed AA and luckily for me he had AK and I was up around 170k. Not a bad start! Little bit later I raise JTs and a guy who clearly cared a LOT about the bubble called. Flop 98x and I bet 12.5k. He pretty quickly raises to 30k with about 55 behind. I felt like there was some chance he was "seeing where he was at" with like TT-QQ so I jammed. He snapped 99 and I made a straight and a flush to get up to 265k. Hovered around there until the bubble burst and then my table broke.
New table had Eric Froelich (sp?) to my left with approximately a billion chips, that combined with not having many hands led to lots of folding. 3bet once and got 4bet, then lost a flip to a shortstack AQ<99. Got moved again and called a 9bb shove with 66 in the bb, beat QJ and got back to 250ish. Hovered there again for a long time, before shoving over a CO raise with 55 and running into 77. Hard to be disappointed after running so good on the bubble, and doing all that folding I ended up getting 72nd for 33k, so a pretty solid score.
Not 100% sure what's next poker-wise, pretty good chance I'll make it to the NAPT Venetian in February. For those who haven't heard, Pokerstars has launched a North American Poker Tour (www.naptpoker.com) so I'm looking forward to hopefully having a few more tournaments close to home.
Steve


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home