Sunday, February 14, 2010

More of the same

Couple more deep runs, couple more disappointing finishes. 43rd in the 109^3 turbo after losing a pretty big flip JJ to AK. And 70th or something in the 4500 person warmup losing a million chip pot AA to QQ. One of these sundays I'll close something :) Before you feel too sorry for me, go back and read my original few blog posts, where I run better than just about anyone ever in far and away the biggest tournament I'd ever played.

It's really easy in tournaments to feel like you run worse than everyone else. In every tournament (except the very few you win) when you bust you've gotten somewhat unlucky, whether it's taking a bad beat, losing a flip, running into a hand, whatever. Regardless you tend to remember these last hands the best, and before long, you're convinced no one runs as bad as you. In my case though, I've definitely run above EV lifetime, though it's hard to remember that when you keep busting in the final few tables :) Anyways, not really sure where this rambling is going, mostly just trying to forget the last 15 minutes which I've pretty much done now, so guess that's it for this update.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home