Monday, January 09, 2006

Now that I'm more awake...

I'll post a few of the more interesting hands from yesterday.

Hand 1: Very early on, blinds 1500/3000 with a 500 ante. Tightish guy with 200k makes it 9500. I call with 66. Tightish guy behind calls. Aggressive guy in the big blind goes all in for ~70k. He lost a monstrous pot earlier and has been playing his short stack really aggressively and well. Raiser folds. I have about 270k left and start thinking. Guy to my left is getting ready to fold (I'm 100% certain he's folding). I decide BB can be pushing a ton of hands, I'm getting about 2-1, I call. He shows KTo. Flop's got a 6, but runner runner spades double him up and I'm down to 200k.

Hand 2: Aggressive guy from hand 1 makes it 9k in mp. SB calls and I call from the bb with Q8s. Flop is KQT with 2 of my suit. I bet 18k, planning on pushing if he raises. He calls. Turn's a Q, I bet 33k. He gets a raise ready, counts out all his chips, then folds. I'm back around 260k.

Hand 2: Aggressive 2+2er is sitting to my left with 75k. I raise 55 to 11k and he pushes. Again, he's capable of pushing all kinds of hands. I call getting just under 2-1. He has KQ and my 55 holds up. This gets me over 300k.

Hand 3: Very aggressive player raises from the button to 12k (blind 2/4 - 500 ante). SB calls and I call with Q7s. Flop is ace high with two of my suit. I bet 20k, button makes it 60k. I have him slightly covered. I'm all-in, he says nice bet and folds quickly. Up around 400k.

Hand 4: Get seated at a new table with another aggressive 2+2er to my left. There's a bunch of talk about how when 2 more people go out, we get a few extra thousand. I raise A8s to 16k (3/6 - 1000 ante) in mp. 2+2er pushes for about 90 total. I'm 100% sure he can push just about anything here. He expects me to be pretty aggressive with a big stack and after the payout structure talk I think it's a pretty good time for him to represent a big hand with his push. I call. He shows K2s (same suit as mine) and my hand holds up.

Hand 5: David Singer is a pro who's siting 2 to my left. I've stolen his blinds several times and he's mentioned it. I limp on the button for 12k (6k/12k - 2k ante) with J7o. SB folds, singer checks. Flop's T73. Singer bets 25k and I call. Turn's a 7. He checks, I bet 48k and he calls. River's a J, he checks, I bet 76k and he calls and mucks. I have a lot of chips.

Hand 6: Aggressive guy makes it 45k on the button (8k/16k - 2k ante). I call in the bb with QTo. Flop's T-high rainbow. I check, he bets 80k. I make it 250k and he calls pretty quickly. Turn's a blank, and I put him in for 391k. I'm not sure if I'm bluffing or value betting, he probably has a T when he calls my flop bet. He says that he thinks I have JJ or QQ and folds. Aaron was behind him and said he saw a T in his hand. This was a huge hand, I would've been down to about 350k if he calls and wins, and now I'm at 1.2M.

Hand 6: Singer and I have been talking a bit. We've been involved in probably 8-10 pots and I've won almost all of them. He keeps joking that Mom, Kirt, Aaron and Stefan (who have been cheering when I win pots) should cheer when he wins a pot because he just ships the chips over to me. I raise on the button to 45k with TT and about 1.2 million in chips. He has me covered and makes it 120k more. I think a long time and call. Flop's 864, he bets 240k. I feel like I have a pretty good read on Singer and I'm pretty sure I'm ahead. Still, raising seems pretty bad, I only get called if I'm beat and there's still a solid chance he has an overpair. I call. Turn's a 5. He checks. There's about 800k in the pot andI have about 800k in my stack. With less I push. With more I bet and decide what to do if he raises. With my stack I decided a check was best. If I bet I basically have to call a push and if I push I only get called if he has me smoked. So I check. River's a 6. He thinks and checks. I'm now at least 90% sure I have the best hand, but I'm even more sure he's not calling a bet, so I turn up my TT. He mucks and I'm chip leader with 1.6M or so.

I'm sure I missed some important hands, but those are some of the biggest ones. Anyways, I think we're going to breakfast soon.

Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home