Wow, what a day...
I guess I'll just use the same format as last time.
Level 1 300/600 100 ante:
Well we started out today and I was pretty desperate. I was in early position and had to post before I picked up a hand.
Get AQ with a raise in front. I push 5500 and he calls with TT. Blanks on the flop and turn and I get ready to leave but a queen on the river keeps me alive and up to 13k.
Aggressive player makes it 2000 in ep. Short stack pushes 5k and I push my 11500. Aggressive guy calls with aces and I get ready to leave again. Except I flop quads. Up to 26k.
Level 2 400/800 100 ante.
Isabelle Mercier (French pro) sits to my right.
Folded to her in the sb and she makes it 2500. I call with 76o. Flop's A43. She checks, I bet 3200, she folds.
Button makes it 2500 with 7100 behind. I push AA and he calls with QQ. I flop quads. I'm officially running well. Up to 40k.
I make it 2500 in ep with KK. Button pushes 11k and I call. He has aces. I flop a set...wow this is getting ridiculous. 52k.
I call a raise to 2500 from the bb with T8s. Flop's K97, I check-call 2600. Turn's an 8, I check-call 4000. River's a J. I bet 8500, he folds. 60k.
I steal the blinds a lot. Up to 75k.
Level 3 - 600/1200 200 ante:
Get up to 80 after 2 blind steals.
20k stack makes it 3500. I raise to 12k with AQs. Aggressive big stack raises 20k more. I think and fold. He shows KK.
3 more raises get reraised and I don't win another pot. 53k at the break.
Level 4 800/1600 200 ante:
2 raises get reraised, down around 40k.
We make the money!!! 10,400 in the bank.
Another raise gets reraised. 30k. This has got to stop.
I raise to 4k in ep with AK. Both blinds call. Flop is As8s2s and I don't have a spade. They check and I push. They fold. 40k.
There's a limp and a raise all-in to 6k. I push with AKs. It holds up against A5o and I'm up to 47k at the break.
Level 5 - 1000/2000 300 ante.
I raise 99 to 6k. Aggressive big stack who's reraised me several times makes it 18k. I plan on pushing but a short stack pushes 20k. I think and fold. Short stack has 22, big stack has KK. That could've been the end of me.
I push over a raise with JJ and he folds. ~50k.
Folded to me on the button with KK. I make it 6000 and the big stack pushes. I call and double up against his 22. Up around 100k.
Get moved to a new table.
Raise to 6k with KQo. Guy who just lost a big one pushes 28k. With the antes I'm getting 2-1 and I'm pretty sure he's pushing a pretty wide range. I call and lose to 99.
Two raises go badly and then a couple go well and I'm around 80k.
Level 6 1200/2400 400 ante.
I raise to 8k early with JJ. Short stack pushes 28k with A7o (?) and I win.
Nothing too exciting until the final hand of the level. We're going to break after this hand. Aggressive guy who hasn't played a hand in a few orbits makes it 8k in mp. He can definitely do this with just about any hand, knowing that most people just want to go to bed. I call from the bb with ATs. Flop is A98r. I check, he bets 13k. He can still have anything, he would bet most flops here. I call. There's about 45k in the pot and I have 110k behind. Turn's a 6. I check and he bets 37k. I do a lot of thinking here. He's definitely capable of bluffing here (and of bluff-pushing the river here if I call). I'm pretty sure he would check behind with any ace here. I've been tight and my hand looks like it could easily be a set. So I'm pretty sure he has a set or nothing. I call with 75k more in my stack. River's a blank. I check and he pushes. I think forever. I say something to the effect I know he's capable of bluffing the whole way. He agrees. I just don't believe he can have anything but a set or nothing. And I don't believe he plays a set quite that aggressively. But I look pretty retarded if he has a set and I don't get to come back for day 3. If I fold I have 75k with 110k average. I come very close to folding and say call. He says "it's good" and shows 52s. There's a ton of commotion around the table and everybody's shaking my hand...So at the end of day 3 I'm at 275,200 and among the chip leaders!!!
Time for sleep, this was a hell of a day and I have to play again tomorrow at 12.
Steve
Level 6 -


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home